Skip to content
– CIPET gets accreditation to test PPE kits
- The PPE kit includes gloves, face shield, goggles, triple-layer face masks in line with international standards. This is a step ahead to make India self-reliant (Atma Nirbhar).
- Central Institute of Petrochemicals Engineering Technology operating under Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers was accredited by National Accreditation Board for Testing (NABL) and Calibration Laboratories to test and certify Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) kits.
– GoI hails KURMA mobile app to conserve Indian turtles
- The KURMA app was launched in May 2020 on World Turtle Day. The application was developed by Indian Turtle Conservation Action Network (ITCAN), The ITCAN was joined by Wildlife Conservation Society-India. The application provides a database to identify a species. Also, it helps to locate the nearest rescue centre for turtles across the country.
- Union Environment and Information Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar hailed “KURMA” application to track and report Indian turtles.
- It will also help in observing 2020 as the YEAR OF THE TURTLE.
- The World Turtle Day is marked by the Turtle Survival Alliance as well.
– BlackRock Malware steals credit card details, password from 337 android apps
- New Android malware has been discovered that steals data such as credit card details, password from 337 applications. This included some of the popular apps such as Amazon, Gmail, Uber, Netflix and more.
- The malware was discovered by a mobile security firm Threatfabric. The malware is being distributed as fake Google update packages offered on third party websites.
- About the malware – The malware is based on the leaked source code of another malware Xerxes. Again, Xerxes is based on the strains of other malware.
– India’s 3rd G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors meet
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman participated in third G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors meet. The meet was presided by Saudi Arabia.
- During the first meeting, India shared its G20 Action plan in response to COVID-19 that was endorsed by all the G20 finance ministers and central bank governors. During the third meet, India shared global economic outlook amid evolving COVID-19 crisis.
- India discussed two of the deliverables at the meet. One was about enhancing access to opportunities for women and youth. The other was about international taxation agenda related to the digital sector.
– MoU on India’s first-ever Solar Decathlon
- The U.S. DOE signed an MOU to collaborate with India U.S. Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) in order to support India in the establishment of Solar Decathlon India in 2021. The aim of this competition is to prepare the next generation of building professionals to design and build high-efficiency buildings powered by renewables.
– India-Bhutan open new trade route
- India and Bhutan opened a new trade route between Jaigaon in West Bengal and Pasakha in Bhutan.
- The land route will help to move industrial raw materials and goods destined for Pasakha Industrial Estate.
- Capital – Thimphu, PM – Lotay Tshering, Currency – Ngultrum
– 2020 Global Manufacturing Risk Index — India – 3 rd, USA – 2nd, China – 1st
- In accordance with the “Cushman & Wakefield’s 2020 Global Manufacturing Risk Index (MRI)” India ranks third in the list of most-suitable locations for global manufacturing among 48 countries in terms of cost competitiveness and operating conditions.
- The index has been topped by China and followed by the United States (US) at 2nd rank.
- In cost scenario, India is at 3rd position after China and Vietnam. The MRI cost scenario places greater emphasis on cost reduction to give a higher score to countries where operating costs, including labour, are lower.
- In the risk scenario, India ranks 30th which has been topped by Canada. Countries that present lower levels of political and economic risks are ranked higher.
error: Content is protected !!