– Maharashtra becomes the 1st State to use drones to inspect power lines and transmission towers
Maharashtra State Electricity Transmission Company Limited(MSETCL)
has started to use drones for aerial surveillance and inspection of extra
high voltage (EHV) power transmission lines and towers.
– India’s first public EV charging plaza inaugurated in New Delhi
- The Minister of State (IC) for Power, New and Renewable Energy, RK Singh inaugurated India’s first public EV (Electric Vehicle) charging plaza at Chelmsford Club in New Delhi.
- The plaza has 5 EV charging points of different specifications.
- The EV charging plaza has been established by Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) in collaboration with New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC).
– A book titled “Suraj Kade Marda Nahi” authored by Baldev Singh Sadaknama
- Sahitya Akademi Award winner, Baldev Singh Sadaknama has authored a book ‘Suraj Kade Marda Nahi’ (sun never dies).
- The book portrays many aspects of freedom fighter Udham Singh.
- Udham Singh’s 80th death anniversary will fall on July 31, 2020.
– ICC Men’s T20 World Cup postponed to 2022
International Cricket Council’s (ICC’s) announced, the T20 Men’s World
Cup, scheduled to be played in Australia in October-November 2020, has
formally been postponed to 2022 due to COVID-19.
– CBDT signs MoU with MoMSME for sharing of data
- The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, Government of India (MoMSME).
- As per the signed MoU, CBDT will share certain Income-tax Return (ITR) related information with MoMSME.
– HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal launches ‘Manodarpan’ initiative to provide psychosocial support to students
- The Union Minister of Human Resource and Development (HRD) Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishak has virtually launched a mental health initiative called Manodarpan.
- A helpline number 8448440632 has been launched to provide the consultation which can be accessed from morning 8 AM to 8 PM.
– Ballon d’Or 2020 cancelled for a first-ever time amid COVID pandemic
Ballon d’Or will not be awarded this year due to lack of sufficient fair
conditions amid COVID-19 pandemic announced France Football on July 20,
– MYAS partners with UNICEF to promote volunteerism among youth
- The Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports (MYAS) has partnered with UNICEF to strengthen the Government of India’s resolution to mobilise 1 crore, youth volunteers, to attain the goals of Atmanirbhar Bharat.
- To promote volunteerism among the youth of India, the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports has signed a Statement of Intent with YuWaah (a multistakeholder platform formed by UNICEF).
– Defence Ministry signs agreement with BEML to procure 1,512 mine ploughs
- The Mine Plough is a device that helps tanks to clear minefields.
- The mine ploughs are to be fitted with T-90 tanks.
- The induction of mine ploughs has been planned to be completed by 2027.
– Indian naval ships conduct Passage Exercise (PASSEX) with US Navy
- The Indian Navy conducted Passex (passing exercises) with the United States (US) Navy’s USS Nimitz, which is a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier.
- The Indian Navy ships Rana, Sahyadri, Shivalik and Kamorta, operated together.
- The cooperative exercises took place near the Andaman and Nicobar Islands and transited through the Indian Ocean region.
– South Korea Launched 1st Military communications Satellite, ANASIS-II by Falcon 9 Rocket
- South Korea launched its first military communications satellite, Army/Navy/Air Force Satellite Information System 2 (ANASIS-II).
- The satellite was deployed by a Falcon 9 rocket developed by US space firm SpaceX.
- With this launch, South Korea has become the 10th country to own a military only communications satellite.
– Rajasthan Cabinet Approved ‘One-Stop-Shop’ Scheme to Fast-Track Investments
Rajasthan Cabinet has approved ‘One-Stop Shop’ Scheme– OSS to fast
track investment and capacity expansion proposals by facilitating time-bound approvals and clearances.