IBPS PO : Eligiblity, Vacancy, Syllabus, Online Application etc.
The banking industry is one of the most sought after career options in the country. Every year lakhs of candidates appear in the various banking exams and one among them is IBPS PO. The exam is conducted by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) for recruitment to the post of Probationary Officers/Management Trainee (PO/MT). Candidates are selected on the basis of the preliminary exam, mains exam and interview. Selected candidates are offered an appointment in any of the 11 participating banks in India.
Highlights of IBPS PO 2020
|Exam Name||Recruitment of Probationary Officers/Management Trainees in Participating Organisations (CRP PO/MT-X)|
|Commonly known as||IBPS PO|
|Conducting Body||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection|
|Stages of recruitment||Prelims, Mains and Interview|
|Exam Duration||Prelims: One hour (60 minutes)|
Mains: 3 hours 30 minutes
|Language||English and Hindi|
|Exam Purpose||To select candidates for the post of Probationary Officers|
|Exam Helpdesk No.||1800 222 366, 1800 103 4566|
IBPS PO 2020 Apply Online
The application process for IBPS PO is completely online. Candidates can register for the exam from the official website.
The following fees have to be paid by the aspirants for completing their IBPS PO exam online application:
|IBPS PO online application Category||IBPS PO Online Application Fees|
The IBPS PO admit card is issued to candidates who fulfill all the PO eligibility criteria and have paid the registration fees online.
.| Link To Apply Online (Not Updated Yet)|
| Direct Link of Official Notification |
Tentative Schedule For IBPS PO 2020
IBPS PO Exam Pattern
The IBPS PO exam pattern consists of three stages, which are:
IBPS PO Preliminary Exam:
Also known as the CWE PO/MT Prelims, it consists of an online objective test consisting of three sections.
Each section mentioned in the IBPS PO Prelims Exam Pattern is allotted 20 minutes and the total duration is 1 hour.
The IBPS PO Exam Pattern is given below:
|Section||Number of Questions||Marks Allotted||Time Allotted|
|English Language||30||30||20 min|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 min|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 min|
IBPS PO Exam Pattern for Prelims- Salient Points
- The total marks for this paper are 100.
- There is negative marking for each wrong answer.
- The penalty for each incorrect answer is 1/4th of the marks allotted to that question.
- Based on the result of the prelims, candidates clearing the declared cutoff are invited to appear in the next stage, the Main exam.
IBPS PO Main Exam Pattern:
The IBPS PO Mains exam pattern consists of one objective type and one descriptive paper.
The examination is conducted online for a total duration of 3 hours and 30 minutes.
The IBPS PO Exam Pattern for mains is as follows:
|Paper||Section||Number of Questions||Marks Allotted||Time Allotted|
|Objective Test||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 min|
|English Language||35||40||40 min|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 min|
|General Awareness, Economy & Banking Awareness||40||40||35 min|
|Descriptive Test||English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)||2||25||30 min|
IBPS PO Exam Pattern for Mains- Salient Points
- To be able to move on to the next stage of the exam, candidates have to score above the bank PO cutoff declared by the institute as well as the sectional cutoffs.
- The marks are not intimated to successful candidates prior to the interview.
Vacancy Reported Till Now
IBPS Cut-off Score
The relevant details related to the IBPS PO cut-off score for the Exam is as follows:
- Each candidate will be required to obtain a minimum cut-off score in each test of IBPS Main examination online and also a minimum total score to be considered to be shortlisted for an interview.
- Depending on the number of vacancies available, IBPS PO cut-offs will be decided and candidates will be shortlisted for IBPS interview.
- Prior to the completion of the IBPS interview process, scores obtained in the online Main examination will not be shared with the candidates shortlisted for interview.
Given below is the IBPS PO cut off marks for preliminary exam 2019-20:
|IBPS PO Prelims Cut Off 2019-20|