31 July: We have made a brief point on new education policy of India announced by MINISTRY OF EDUCATION formerly know as HRD MINISTRY. The National Education Policy aims at building a globally viable education system rooted in Indian ethos. The major shift is from being solely academic to academic plus vocational.
The new policy talks about phasing out the affiliation system in university level and instead makes way for three categories of the university system –- research-focused universities, teaching-focused universities, and autonomous colleges.
Here are the glimpse of New Education Policy :
1. 10+2 board structure is dropped.
2. New school structure will be 5+3+3+4.
3. Up to 5 preschools, 6 to 8 Mid School, 8 to 11 High School, 12 onwards Graduation.
4. Any Degree will be 4 years.
5. 6th std onwards vocational courses available.
6. From 8th to 11 students can choose subjects.
7. All graduation course will have major and minor.
Example – science student can have Physics as Major and Music as minor also. Any combination he can choose.
8. All higher education will be governed by only one authority.
9. UGC AICTE will be merged.
10. All University government, private, Open, Deemed, Vocational etc will have the same grading and other rules.
11. New Teacher Training board will be set up for all kinds of teachers in the country, no state can change.
12. The same level of Accreditation to any collage, based on its rating college will get autonomous rights and funds.
13. The new Basic learning program will be created by the government for parents to teach children up to 3 years at home and for preschool 3 to 6.
14. Multiple entries and exit from any course.
15. Credit system for graduation for each year student will get some credits which he can utilize if he takes a break in the course and comes back again to complete the course.
16. All schools exams will be semester wise twice a year.
17. The syllabus will be reduced to core knowledge of any subject only.
18. More focus on student practical and application knowledge.
19. For any graduation course if student complete only one year he will get a basic certificate, if he completes two years then he will get Diploma certificate and if he completes full course then he will get degree certificate. So no year of any student will ve vested if he breaks the course in between.
20. All the graduation course feed of all Universities will be governed by the single authority with capping on each course.